If you’re easily paranoid, don’t read this article. The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals issued a warning that looked like it came straight out of a science fiction book: If you’re going to irrigate your sinuses [shoving water down your nose like the picture to the bottom right], don’t use tap water. Why? Because your brain may get infected with Naegleria Fowleri – better known as The Brain Eating Amoeba – the weird looking thing on the picture to the left. This amoeba actually kills you, its responsible for two deaths in the state already. They were infected after they irrigated their sinuses with tap water.
The amoeba is a micro-organism that is usually found in lakes, hot springs, ponds, an any other place that has warm water. The strange thing about this amoeba is that you can drink as much of it as you want, as long as it doesn’t come out of your nose or intake the water through your nose.
According to the Louisiana Department of Health, when you put water up your nose, the amoeba will attack your nervous system until you’re dead. The bad thing is that your chances of survival are… 2 percent. Basically, if you’re infected you better start making calls to the make a wish foundation.
Immediately after getting infected you will start to get the symptoms, your taste and smell will be out of whack, you will have fever, nausea, and headaches. Then it will work its way down to your neck area, you’ll start to have a stiff neck, you’ll start vomiting, and start to suffer from seizures. Eventually you’ll start to experience confusion and hallucinations, and two weeks after exposure you’re dead. – I’m not even exaggerating.
If you’re from Louisiana, or other parts of the world and perform this Nasal Irrigation Procedure – try to be careful with where you get your water from. Even if you think it’s safe, try to boil it first just in case. If you irrigate your nasal cavities, and start to feel any of the symptoms, don’t panic. Unless you’re from LA, then I may suggest you call the nearest hospital – Yahoo